Local Business News Editorial
Only Newsworthy Stories!
If you’re old enough to remember downtown Detroit’s beloved J.L. Hudson’s store, it was a magical oasis, especially around the holidays. You’d walk inside, dazzled by the displays, shop for gifts until your feet hurt, then head up the escalator to the cafe in the mezzanine for a quick repast of soup, salad, maybe a hotdog or a pastry. Then you’d get back to shopping.
Nothing says “celebrate” like popping open a fine bottle of champagne, watching the pale effervescence as you pour, toasting with a clink of your flute and feeling the tickle of tiny bubbles as you savor the first sip.
Salut! Let the party begin.
Local Business News Executive Editor Glenn Gilbert discussed LBN’s ’Tis the Season to Shop Local campaign with LBN Publisher Guy Williams.
The market for mid-century modern designs is on fire and Modmart Detroit is the epicenter for all things Bertoia, Eames and Wegner.
Catering to a devout following of mid-century modernism, Modmart Detroit offers carefully presented furniture, home décor and even furniture refinishing.
Scott Meldrum, D.D.S., was looking to slow down.
Glen Maylath, D.D.S., wasn’t actively looking to merge his practice with someone else.
But in June, the long-time friends and colleagues combined their dental practices creating Total Dental Health, and so far, it’s working beautifully.
- The complete articles are offered to the local media.
- The articles are part of a press release and can be aggregated at no cost to print and web publishers.
- We are only interested in newsworthy information. We believe there are two to four newsworthy events at every business.
- Our goal is to create business stories appropriate for such journalistic outlets as newspaper, radio, TV, web and wire news services.
Freelance writers are sought in targeted markets to write compelling stories on small businesses. Video and photography journalists are also pursued in the creation of publishing ready articles.
- Have newspaper experience
- Most interviews are conducted on-site
- A photo journalist is assigned to most stories
- Short versions of each article are available by request
- Bylines for all LBN journalist required for aggregated stories
- Our criteria for “newsworthy information” is the same as used by traditional media